Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday, Grandchildren and New Appliances

I was sick all last week with a very bad cold and cough....so didn't post anything. Haven't been that sick in some time. I almost thought I had bronchitis but its going away now with just a small cough left. I spent alot of time in bed and got  needed sleep. The sickness had started with little Jayden and then progressed through the family, Alan got it and then finally it reached me. Thankfully its about over now.
Today we had two jobs in San Diego county, and then a Find a Grave assignment in Lake Elsinore. Yesterday we had a wonderful visit with our youngest and our new granddaughter!!!!! They live in a neighboring town, Hemet so we don't see them as often as we'd like so when we do, its a wonderful treat..she is 3 1/2 months so and so cute! We visited them in their new apartment and watched some old movies and had pizza.  Here is  Little Emma Grace!

She looks much like her daddy looked when he was little, she loved to be held and is very active. Cutting her first teeth too!
Jayden, our grandson loves her and asks to see Emma often. I think they'll have fun playing together when she gets older..here is Jayden..he's almost 2 now.

not the best photo as he moved just as I took the photo...typical boy, always moving. As you can see, Alan's grown a beard. I rather like it. Everyone says he looks like Santa.

Much of our garden is finished for the summer, believe it or not. We're coming into our hot season so most crops can't take the heat. The only thing left really are the tomatoes and they're coming into their own. We picked about 5 large messes of green beans and have eaten them all, they are so tender and good, everyone loves them.

I just steam them with a little salt and butter. Just yummy!
I've also been re organizing my kitchen, we got a windfall from SSI and decided to get some much needed appliances. Sadly, the appliances we bought when we moved in, some 9 years ago are now wearing out, first to go was the dishwasher so we got a new one last week! What a difference in the cleaning of the dishes. The glasses just sparkle now. We also bought a new stove. Our stove was always a lemon, it seemed like. We bought all Maytag appliances, thinking they would last but the repair man told us that they  were all built in China and had planned life of only 5 years. The first year, the stove glass front shattered into a million bits when I was making cookies, very scary. Then the heating element broke and had to be replaced and now we seem to have a gas leak when you turn on the oven so it was time to go. Needless to say I haven't baked or used the oven much! It worried us because our boarder works late, comes  home after we're in bed and makes himself dinner at midnight or so. We don't want to take the chance of an accident. It comes Wednesday. This time we got a Whirlpool and hope it lives longer than the Maytag did with no problems.
Because of the experience of the old stove, we did get the extra warranty on the appliances too. This has been such a blessing and I'm so thankful.


something new I've done and I did it while I was sick last week was join Pinhearst....Just learning how to use it and its kinda fun. I've created 7 boards so far...Be sure to see my Oh Yummy board where I've collected some great recipes that look fantastic. I can't wait to try some of these with my new stove!







No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?