Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hot Air Balloons

A few weeks ago now, we noticed a hot air balloon taking off behind our house. It carried 3 skydivers who jumped out but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a photo of them.

Just north of us is a large center for hot air balloons and also sky diving. Its a very popular site with thousands of visitors every year. We often see several hot air balloons at once.
They are alot braver than I am! 
They do have accidents occasionally and one landed on a busy street next to the interstate just this last month. Click on the link for the story.
We've had alot of rain and after a recent storm, I was able to capture this rainbow. As you can see, our town has plenty of open spaces and we like it that way. So much of Southern California has gotten paved over, at least along the coast. I've shared alot of the open spots of the inland which are wonderful in past posts. Traffic is bad also on the coast, even my hometown of Oceanside is total chaos on the roadways. Up where our town is, its still relatively peaceful. Much like it was years ago. Very thankful for small towns.



Our youngest son brought home a wonderful find. He has it on Craigslist as he's trying to save money for his new daughter, Emma Grace.

Its a wonderful Zenith vintage phonograph radio console. The phonograph, and radio work like new and the speakers are fantastic. I just love it. As you can see, the woodwork is in like new condition also with just a couple of very small marks which is remarkable in a 1963 model. I remember my dad having one of these when I was in high school. I think my favorite part of it is the radio itself. It lights up and has great reception. You can see how clean and nice it looks. Whoever had it, must not have used it much or kept it in storage. He also has the original booklets that came with it. This is a wonderful unique collectable.

If you're reading this, live in the Southern California area and are interested. You can find the Craigslist listing here
SOLD!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?