Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Chat

Last week we did a locksmith job in Santee, California. Alan noticed a little shop as we were leaving and we stopped in. The man who owned the shop, Tom McCoy refurbishes old radios and makes them new again. He had quite a selection in the shop, "Mantiques" and sells them very reasonably. Alan surprised me and bought this wonderful old radio which gets great reception in our dining room. I just love it and cried  with happy as we hadn't gotten anything for ourselves in years. Its a reproduction from the 90s of a 1930 radio...isn't it great? Most of his radios are originals and I'd love to get a second one in the future so both our sons will one day have one. He also has other vintage items and furniture. Hope you will stop by if you're in the area...its a delightful shop.


 The election is over and I was terribly upset by the outcome as were 50% of Americans. I don't think people who voted for the President realize what will happen. Already there have been thousands of layoffs which are not being reported by most newspapers and the media. As this is not a political blog, I will not go into it further, however, our next door neighbor has been laid off, and says she won't look for work. She plans on living on unemployment for the next 99 months.
However, I know that God is in control and He will provide so am giving it all to Him who is the final authority.

Now that cooler weather is here, I've started baking again. Made a mile high apple pie the other day which is over half gone now.....decorated the top with pastry leaves...and it was yum (as our grandson would say) The crock pot in the background was full of roast beef, with baby carrots, potatoes and onions. The house smelled really good that day!

I've gotten the embroidery on the  baby quilt almost done and ready to be sent to Nancy who has volunteered to complete it for me. Says she's one of Jayden's grandmas which is wonderful..there can never be too many people to love. Time is going by so fast now so have to get all our projects done before Christmas comes! I promised her I'd embroider a towel for her daughter so that's what's next. Hopefully it won't take me near as long as this quilt has...its hard to embroider with a 15th month old baby exploring the world. We did get baby gates which is making it easier. He's talking up a storm and the other day, actually called us Grandma and Grandpa clearly. Delightful!

7 comments:

  1. Oh,I love your radio! Bless your hubby for buying it for you! Sweet! Your pie looked oh so yummy! That really is a high one! I bet it was delicious!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great radio and your pie looks delicious!!! I was disappointed with the outcome of the election as well, all we can do now is hang on tight, it's gonna be a bumpy ride:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. At lunch today -- the baby of the group is 54 -- we were just chatting about listening to the radio. Your is a beauty, as is your pie. Wish I lived closer. I'd be over for a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the radio, the shape, the smooth curved lines. I am so happy it is cold (well almost happy its 33) as I use my oven a lot. Last night the oven was on for 90 minutes + for stew. It sure warmed us up. I will be getting out your embroidered tags soon out of my Christmas box

    ReplyDelete
  5. ugg boots kid ugg baily button ugg adirondack shoes http://www.vtallboots.org.uk [url=http://www.fdidboots.co.uk][img]http://www.fdidboots.co.uk/images/ugg-boots.jpg alt="ugg online" title="cheap ugg boots"[/img][/url]
    [url=http://www.bootssecher.co.uk/#i6l87c46n][b]ugg boots[/b][/url]
    [url=http://www.ukgetboots.co.uk/#f5h01c70p][b]ukgetboots.co.uk[/b][/url]
    [url=http://www.vtallboots.org.uk/#o8b56p57d][b]ugg boots uk[/b][/url]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Babies are so much fun when little so enjoy him before he starts asking for stuff he sees on T V and wants it all.
    I Love making things for Little people and am also a Nana to Gayles sweet little GGC..especially the GGS since he has some health issues but she said he is a good baby and Loves to come and visit and David loves playing with him. I am sending her some of my old train stuff and train set for David to play with him :)
    The pie looks soooo yummy. Since I have to use the oven tonight I am going to make some Chicken and BBQ ribs and cut up some potatoes and shake them in breading and bake it all at the same time. I try not to use my stove or oven much since we have to buy propane so when I use it I like to fill it. Hoping Apples go on sale here soon like they did last year so I can make some more Apple Butter and cut up apples to freeze for pies :)
    Looking forward to making the quilt for Jaden and your runner. Looks like I will do a lot of shopping this year from my own stash:)
    Just listed a bunch of pet beds in my selling blog and will be listing in it with other items all week for shoppers with some good deals

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?