Saturday, April 21, 2012

Saturday....

Its been very warm here the last couple of days......opened the house up to catch the cool mornings and evenings and then close it up again as the day warms up...saves alot of AC.....the house is well insulated and holds the coolness in most of the day.......I feel rather sorry for those who have bought the large big box high ceiling houses...my brothers in Texas has two AC units as his house is so big....talk about energy!..our house is much smaller at 1550 sq. ft...it does have a high ceiling in the living, kitchen and master bedroom...

The retirement area here in Menifee, called Sun City has small retirement houses made for our climate back in the 1960s....really great for hot weather with swamp coolers rather than AC units.....I rather like them and some of them are larger than our house, although you wouldn't know it from the outside...
This is our house.......the front yard is small and we share it with our next door neighbors...the back yard is huge...a pie shaped lot.......

here is the kitchen.....
We painted the cabinets and added black hardware...really made a difference with the typical tract cabinets....we also took out the boxed  lights.....added track lighting......and a ceiling fan....Italian tile floors and Corian countertops rather than tile....love the Corian by the way.....I'd like to eventually get black appliances....but that is in the future.
that's enough house tour......I won a giveaway!..so cool.....a new site, Primitive Peddler Patterns had a pattern giveaway.......and I won two patterns from Jenn, from Beautiful Disasters Originals (love the name!).....she is having a sale right now..buy 1 get one free.....in fact, I believe that all the pattern designers are having the same sale but it won't last long......
I picked out two Christmas patterns and hope to soon have a place to set up my craft/sewing room /closet.... its difficult with so many in our little house....
I picked out  Jack and Jingle....two little snow people.....


and Howie the Elf! who I think is as cute as cute can be....
I love his feet......so hope if you like to craft or like patterns...check out the site at Prim Peddler Patterns

3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks great. So fun to "visit" blog buddies' homes. Congratulations on your win. I see some cute elves coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen looks good, and the patterns you won are adorable. Stay cool, it sounds like you know how to do it. We don't have AC either, and don't need it. Smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking kitchen Dani! We use swamp coolers too. I need the humidity. Our house is about 1100 square feet. I would like a larger craft room and hope to add one on later this year. Thanks for your home tour. Wonderful yard you have as well.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?