Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday News

The weather here is going into spring and the nectarine tree is in full bloom...so pretty to look at the kitchen window.....the bees are buzzing around it and we hope to have some nice sweet nectarines this year...the last two years, we got a killing frost which destroyed the crop...

our lawn is starting to green also....we haven't watered it this winter but there has been enough rain lately.....our water district is actually paying people to get rid of their lawns but with our grandson here, we both think it would be nice for him to have grass to play on.....
.
I also received the beautiful little bunny from Kim in the giveaway I won..I had mentioned it before in a precious post but having the little guy in front of me is wonderful...the bunny is beautiful made with great finishing details..I love the size also and would like to collect more as he is just so darn cute.......
He has rusty wire whiskers and the cutest little bottom.....
Cute, cute, cute!
You can find this little guy and more in her Etsy shop   The Barn Hollow
and I also wanted to mention again that Nancy Huggins is now selling her wonderful Celebrity Cookbook....this is truly unique and I am so excited about receiving my cookbook from her........going  to start waiting by the mail box......and to think not only getting a wonderful cookbook but helping support a no kill animal shelter makes it even better......
If you click on the photo, you can spy just a few of the celebrities who have contributed to help the abandoned pets.......if you would like  your copy please clip here to her blog....Huggins Haven

5 comments:

  1. Thank you Dani..I have your cook books set aside and will continue to add to them with any more recipes I receive and then they will be on their way to you. I am very pleased with the one's I have in there now and hope you enjoy them. I did add 1 of my recipes that I think you will enjoy and you can even make it for Alan. Love your Bunny. You are right..He is just to cute.
    Hugs
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani dear heart,
    You made me laugh, right out loud looking at the bunny bottom! You are good medicine in many ways on Facebook and your blog. I would love to have a copy of the cookbook but we are hurting now financially because my husband was demoted, loss of pay and hours and moved to a grocery store 50 miles away. I'm praying through the rain and the wind in life but I know God is with us. If you have time, perhaps you could remember us in prayer.
    Thank you, love sent to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute bunny - like the heart hiney very much
    I'm agonizing about planting fruit trees and or grape vines - no telling how long we'll be able to stay here and yet - every spring my heart says "grow stuff - plant things - life should go on whether you are part of it or not!"
    or realistically - I go to the store thinking "bolts, paint, dishwasher detergent" and end up with hydrangea plant, seeds, fertilizer and fire ant killer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nectarine and apricot trees are blooming here too. I noticed we have a large amount of bees already.

    Love that bunny bottom!

    Have a great day Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani,
    So glad you got him safely, and that you like him!
    Spring is just starting to creep in here too. We have little buds on the trees and my azaleas have green leaves on them already. Hope we don't get another freeze, or worse, snow!
    Warm Wishes,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?