Friday, March 23, 2012

More on Raised Beds

We've been thinking for the last year about putting ours in.....and this month in the Better Homes & Gardens magazine, there is a large article on a family who put a raised bed garden in their front yard...well worth getting the magazine for the article....not only that, but the another little magazine I get is the home improvement one from Lowes..guess what, they did an article about raised beds too so I knew it was time....
the above photo is one from the BH&G website.....I picked out one with hoops to show you what ours will look like later in the year...or so we hope anyway.....our growing season here in inland Southern California is long and with some cover can go through until Christmas if the weather holds up......

We didn't do any gardening today as we had jobs in San Diego county..but did go to a nursery to check out plants and get more inspiration.....both the jobs were cash for keys...adventures of locksmithing.....the first was a gorgeous condo overlooking a lovely valley...with a big patio area...I really liked it....the second was a cute older and smaller condo but it had alot of potential...no view but other good things going for it......
tomorrow we have other jobs coming up so its all good......and a good sized storm is coming in for Sunday.....so there goes the weekend......

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dani!

    Glad you have lots of jobs! Your raised bed posts and pictures are wonderful. I`d love to have raised beds however our yard has lots of caliche and I`m tired of breaking it up. We`re going with a container garden this year. Can`t wait to see how your garden progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you have jobs lined up and that business is doing good.It is cold here inside the house and am wearing a sweat shirt but when I go outside I have to take it off.I need to get out in garage and sort and price for GS but am busy working on cook books
    Did you get my email? Have a great week end. supposed to rain again here too

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that your business is going well! Good luck with your raised beds. I will look forward to seeing the photos!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad your business is thriving and containers and/or raised beds have become the way to go for gardens

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?