Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yardsellr and Voting

 I decided to enter the Thanksgiving Challenge  hosted by South Breeze Farm...just click on the link to see what all the excitement is about....today I am so thankful for many things...my family safe and sound, health, living in a country where freedom exists and we have a voice......



If you've never visited .Yardsellr its a great place to find gift, household and other items at good prices.......its a new site developed by previous Ebay employees......
they advertise on Facebook and Google.........Here are some of my personal  favorites.. and no, I don't get paid for any advertising...these are just my personal choices...
Teapot Ornament


Porcelain Yellow Tabby

1940s Maruhon Ware Salt, Pepper and Toothpick Holder

last but not least
 Vintage Cat Postcard

Yardsellr is a nice site..easy to use and hope you will check it out....I like to get my Christmas gifts online as much as possible and avoid the malls...We shop as early as we can too.....we've done that for the last few years and makes for a more peaceful and meaningful holiday....less stress and more time to enjoy the real meaning of the season. Rushing around overheated, over crowded and picked over stores is not fun and puts me under too much pressure...especially when you are on a budget.
I don't think it brings glory to the Lord either....but is materialistic.....we've cut way back on our gift giving and everyone in the family has found greater joy.





I hope everyone will be voting today.....its so important..our Representative, Darrel Issa..posted this quote on Facebook..
"Who are to be the electors of the federal representatives? Not the rich, more than the poor; not the learned, more than the ignorant; not the haughty heirs of distinguished names, more than the humble sons of obscure and unpropitious fortune. THE ELECTORS ARE TO BE THE GREAT BODY OF THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES." - Publius (J. Madison, Federalist #57)

1 comment:

What are you thinking?