Monday, November 15, 2010

Josh's Birthday Cake and Funny Cat Thanksgiving


Our boarder, Josh had his 23rd birthday this last weekend...and as it's traditional in our household for birthday cake...and he doesn't like chocolate....I baked this tasty butterscotch cake using a yellow cake mix. It was a big hit so thought I'd post the recipe.....

Butterscotch Pound Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 small pkg. vanilla instant pudding
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 pkg. butterscotch chips

Preheat oven to 350. Combine first 5 ingredients. Mix well for 4 minutes or so. Gently stir in butterscotch chips. Pour into a greased and floured (I used Pam) Bundt pan and bake. Bake for approximately 1 hour (generally takes the full hour)

It really didn't need any frosting but since it was for his birthday, I drizzled a little vanilla glaze on top...just a mixture of powdered sugar, vanilla and enough milk to thin it out..no real recipe for that.....it makes a very moist and tasty pound cake..great with tea or coffee any time of day......



4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your boarder :-)
    That cat video was adorable, I was cracking up!
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Josh.

    The vid made me smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really good cake! The cats are so cute and funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this video enough to borrow it, I hope you don't mind?

    The kitties remind me of Lily so much and she has brought so much joy into our lives. She has learned to chase her tail and tries to grab the dogs tails.
    It is a game for her to play!
    Thanks and Smiles, Dani,
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?