Friday, November 26, 2010

Day after Thanksgiving

We had a very nice day yesterday....it was quiet and peaceful...in the early afternoon everyone gathered and helped get dinner ready.....the turkey really came out beautifully this year....

not having all my holiday things, we made do with what we had...and were happy with the result....the table looked simple but festive


the tablecloth was my mothers which we use every Thanksgiving...the glasses are Depression glass from my grandmother, the boys great grandmother as well as the candle sticks were some found by my paternal grandmother found at the Amvets store back in the 60s when she would visit us every summer.....I think they may be carnival glass...the dishes were from my step fathers estate....they are called His Majesty from Johnson Brothers....so many generations  were represented.....the silver was my mothers......I am truly blest with so many heirloom pieces , so many memories of past  holidays with family. Our oldest son led the prayer and we all thanked the Lord for His many blessings. This year has been a rough one but we find ourselves all working, bills paid and healthy...thanks be to God...

One little decorating item I discovered was this small little hanging ornament...I found it at Michaels and bought it as it was only about .75 cents....thought it looked cute on the candlestick, wish I'd found two!



Tonight at 6:00 p.m. we will draw the name for the winner of my redwork towels....and I will be announcing it in my post tomorrow......so there is still time to enter if you haven't already done so...just click the photo on the left side.

4 comments:

  1. That's what I like to do too...have my table set with memories. Usually I use my mother's china and silver, but this year it's all packed away and over at the storage shed. We're suppose to be having a new floor put down in the dining room, but that project has been delayed, so we made do with eating in the kitchen with the kitchen dishes. It was OK...the food still tasted the same, but the memories were missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your table setting, everything was so beautiful!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is fantastic. So many delightful memories being passed down.... I am envious.
    ★Linda★

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani...your turkey looks PERFECT and your table setting really is gorgeous. I love all the elements and that they have a history even more.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?