Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Gaslamp District Revisted and Kona Coffee


We found ourselves in downtown San Diego ...again in the Gaslamp district...yesterday there were very few people downtown..a nice day to visit, no crowds or heavy traffic. Downtown San Diego is a nice mixture of old buildings and new...it all seems to meld together well. Notice how clean the streets are?

I took this photo looking down the street from the loft balcony. This loft has been sold and the bank wanted us to re key it for the new owner. The building has security and underground parking. Here are a few more photos I snapped
Looking north

Convention Center


Early Christmas shopper?
We had two other houses to do..both fore closures..and then home...it was a long day as there was lots of driving..got  home in the afternoon....to find the coffee basket I won on Facebook from Don Francisco coffee had come! 3 nice packages of various coffees and a big mug...sorry, for the glare...its hard to photograph something with cellophane on it.....so this morning, I am enjoying my mug of Kona coffee which is about my favorite..its so good......

5 comments:

  1. Dani I love it when you get a chance to share pictures of San Diego. It brings back so many happy memories for me.
    I must have walked the downtown area just about every day when I was there in April. I purchased my first Prims magazine from that Borders.

    Thank You!
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani...I was raised in San Diego (my Dad was Navy and then a civilian contracter for the Navy). I LOVE the gaslamp district. One of my sisters lives in downtown and the other in east county. I miss many things about San Diego but love my life in NE. It is fun to get a peek though :)

    Enjoy that coffee!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in San Diego too! we lived in Point Loma...my dad was in the Marines...we lived there until I was 9 and it still feels like my hometown...prettiest big city in America...I remember my sweet mama and I would take a bus downtown to shop and get sodas at a 5 and 10 shop there that is sadly gone now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.... what a neat place! Those storefronts look like something out of an old movie, Dani. And congrats on the win- that looks like a fantastic prize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are those pink christmas trees in the store window?

    I loved the photos, like taking a virtual tour! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?