Thursday, November 18, 2010



Our son has been working with a investor who has bought at auction a foreclosed house....the previous owners had left loads of stuff behind....he's brought home a few things (with permission) brought home 3 saucers, matching tea cup (oriental style with no handle ) and  plate....as there was only one tea cup...I flipped it over and made it into a candle holder with one of the saucers....think it turned out rather nice....glued it together with some glass glue. It makes a perfect candle holder.  The porcelain turkey was inherited......I get it out every Thanksgiving.....I wanted to show you the plate  as its Spode but blogger is not allowing me to post any more photos right now. I'll try again later.......guess I was lucky to post one! Son also brought home some vintage cookbooks, two bags of cinnamon scented pine cones and a cute primitive stuffed bunny..guess he knows what his mom likes, huh?

I am planning on using the pine cones as a Christmas display.....remember the Don Fransico coffee basket I won? the basket was a pale natural color, so yesterday I stained it with some black walnut stain.  Playing around with the idea of trimming the basket with homespun, and piling in the pine cones and other natural materials.....I'll show you when I get it done...that is, if Blogger becomes a little more friendly!

I just realized I have 100 followers now...guess its time for a giveaway.......as I can't seem to post photos..I will start this tomorrow..so please check back...I'll be giving away redwork towels.....

I am posting this photo later..this morning, Blogger wouldn't let me..here is the Spode plate that he brought home

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like your son has found all kinds of goodies, Dani. And yes, he must know what momma likes!! *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love things like that. Alas, a house next door was abandoned and someone went in and dumped all the dishes & other things into a big drum -- we could hear the dishes breaking from out in the street. The man said he wasn't allowed to save anything -- it all had to be destroyed. What a waste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, forgot to say that I love the candle holder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that candle holder turned out amazing! You are so creative . Tell u r son he has great taste! "smile"

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really odd about having not to save things..here the old owner has 15 days in which to remove their property, after that, its considered abandoned...and others have made a business in selling abandoned items..storing them in a storage locker and having sales...weird, that guy wasn't allowed to save anything.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your candle holder and it looks wonderful. I love to burn candles and just watch the flame flickering.

    Your basket sounds wonderful with the pine cones, maybe even a rag ball would be fun like the edging you make!

    I can't wait to see it!
    Smiles, Cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?