Saturday, June 11, 2016

Beans and Zucchini

Above are the green beans we planted this spring. These are huge bush bean plants. We've never grown such large ones and boy! are they producing the beans, I've given away several gallon bags of beans and also am going to can some. We planted 50 plants in two beds.

Its been a hot few weeks, most days are in the 100s but so far the beans have been fine. I go out every day to harvest.

We have one zucchini plant and its producing too. I made some zucchini relish again. I made the same recipe last year and it was so good! I hope this year will be the same.


If you'd like to make some, its fairly easy and I plan on making another batch soon. Great on hot dogs and hamburgers.  Just click Zucchini Relish for the recipe I used. It does have to sit around a week at least before using. You process it in a water bath canner for 30 minutes. I don't use the 6 cups of sugar that the recipe calls for but use Splenda instead. The Splenda holds up well in this recipe.

No tomatoes yet, we are counting the days and checking the plants daily.With our heat, it shouldn't be too long. The plants are loaded with green ones right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you thinking?