Monday, March 14, 2016

The Fig Tree

Yesterday, I was looking out of our side living room window and noticed the fig tree was leafing out. The color of the new leaves is so striking, or at least I think so. My favorite color is green and these leaves just pop, what a pretty color!

Every branch has leaves and also some very early figs. Hard to believe they come out at the same time. Fig trees don't have flowers, the figs just appear. Rather amazing, really.

We've actually got some rain and all the lakes in the area are full to overflowing. From what I've read lately, Northern California lakes are overflowing also so perhaps the worst of the drought is over, at least for the time being. We are still in a Stage 4 water alert though.

Alan and I pulled weeds yesterday and cleaned up the yard after the rains. With rain comes weeds!





                                 
               Thought I'd share a few funnies I found. Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed your cat cuties! We had rain today and I reminded myself that's what will make the spring flowers grow.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?