Thursday, August 7, 2014

Thursday, A Vistor, Notecards and a Trip!


 Today I listed these 3 note cards I stitched and also relisted a few other goodies, redwork flour sack towels, some kitty kitchen towels, etc. You can find them in my Etsy shop, Sweet Home Stitchery

Its been difficult for me to stitch as we've been taking care of our grandson more heavily now that his parents are working so much. Our son has decided to quit the second job though to spend more time with his son and be able to rest a bit more. Some of his job assignments take him on long long road trips that are very tiring and he hasn't had a day off in several months working  two jobs.
 

I haven't posted in a few days because my younger brother came to visit. He lives in Hawaii with his wife and daughter. He came out to attend his 40th high school reunion and also to visit us, of course.

Here he is enjoying the island. He posted this photo on Facebook so I thought it would be ok to share it here. We had a wonderful visit, drove up to Oak Glen and got a few apples, and some apple cider. Hardly anyone was around so it was nice quiet ride. We walked along the trails, enjoyed the brown eyed susans and loaded apple trees.


It's starting to feel a little fall- like if that is possible. The evenings are getting cooler, and it stays cool most of the morning, warming up in the afternoon.  We had a good rain storm this last week too which is unusual. Maybe a short summer and a wet winter? I certainly hope so!



1 comment:

  1. I love the 3 cards. When I finish here I am going to your Etsy shop. Not quite Fall like here and still warm but in a few weeks that will start to change. I think it is nice that both of us have nice countryside to take drives in...
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?