Sunday, December 2, 2012

2nd of December





We got up early this morning and headed up to the county hospital pharmacy to get refills on our prescriptions. We both figured Sunday mornings would be a good time to go as the lines wouldn't be too long as they usually are during the week. If you've read my blog for some time, we didn't have insurance and finally were able to get some through the county. They explained it as a precursor of Obamacare and had been funded early. Its been both a blessing and a curse.

When we arrived, we were relieved to see only 4 people in line to drop off the prescriptions. Normally during the week, there are 30 or so in line. However, because of individual complications in the ordering process of the 4 people, we were in line for about 45 minutes. We then had to wait an hour to get the medications (or as Alan says, his drugs)...so we went into the clinic area to wait, watching TV news. After about 50 minutes, we headed over to get into the line to pick up the prescriptions. There were about 10 people in line and this took about another 50 minutes or so. We were happy  as normally it takes most of a day to get prescriptions filled, and longer wait times...normally it takes about 4 -6 hours in line.

Its the time of year again when everyone is getting ready for the holidays. I wanted to mention a great website for all types of holiday recipes..is the That's My Home Sugar Plum Shop...with the price of everything going up (and up!) we've decided to make our own candy this year and will be using some of these recipes. My mom always made fudge and divinity for the most part. Her divinity was heaven sent but she never used a recipe. You will find divinity recipes here as well as alot more. Everything from peanut brittle to snow white fudge. Yum!
Another site that is equally good and you can find the link on the Sugar Plum shop is Razzle Dazzle recipes which have all types of holiday and party recipes. So if you are doing a cooky exchange or a office or church party, you might want to check out these two sites as they are excellent.

3 comments:

  1. The website sounds great. I may be tempted to bake this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fudge or divinity would make super gifts, and that's good you got your prescriptions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use my fudge for gifts a lot and is a lot cheaper than Hershey kisses. I have 1 son that doesnt like my Fudge (Imagine that) so I do break down and buy him the Hershey kisses. Not sure what we will be doing for dinner this year..waiting to see if Nellie will be able to make it down. I don't think I could wait that long for (my drugs) my neck would hurt and then I would get crabby with who ever worked there..a shame we have to go through stuff like this at our ages huh?

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?