Saturday, May 19, 2012

What We've Been Doing

I hope you are having a good May...we've been busy with the garden, work and going to the hospital for checkups, etc. They have a wonderful family clinic that we've been going to......Alan is now on insulin and slowly he's getting his blood sugar under control....takes time...I am getting some needed issues helped too...... We are signed up with MISP, a Obamacare plan which is free for us....I know, I know, we've been very critical of Obamacare....and I still don't like the idea that the government can mandate that everyone get it...I think it should be up to the individual and family....that is the big sticking point as its not constitutional as far as I can see....however, for those of us who fall between the cracks..who are working and can't afford insurance for different reasons...its a Godsend. Neither of us mind that we sometimes have to stand in line for the pharmacy as all the meds are free also....we are thankful and its been a answer to prayer...if you've read this blog, you know the nights we've spent in the emergency room. The hospital is the Riverside County Regional Medical Center...its a huge hospital which is beautifully built, very open and light.
You may have heard that the swallows have failed to come back to Mission Capistrano..well, I think they found a new home here at this hospital....The northern walls are loaded with swallows nests! Its fun to have some coffee outside and watch the tiny birds flit back and forth building their mud nests on the walls.

I always feel the Lords presence at this hospital....and pray while we are there for all the patients, and staff....so many people needing help.....and we both find it sad there is no hospital chapel as in the old days but they do have a "Mediation" room which serves as a chapel, I guess....the times we live in, huh?

Being the county hospital, we often seen sheriffs guarding orange jumpsuit clad prisoners who are shackled and handcuffed. They come in prison buses from all around the county for treatment here. There are usually two sheriffs, one walking beside the prisoner, and one behind him...everyone gives them a wide berth.

Yesterday I had an appointment and while I was waiting, red lights flashed through the hospital, and a voice came over the intercom saying "Red alert, Red Alert, corridor A1 shutdown...shutdown corridor A1"  turned out they were have a realistic hostage situation drill. Alan was upstairs getting a prescription and he said heavy doors swung shut cutting off all the corridors....doors slammed shut at the pharmacy too....in a few minutes, a call clear announcement was given.A security guard came and opened the doors.....everything was back to normal
Its been an adventure!

3 comments:

  1. God Bless! I hope things get back to normal for you soon. And you both have good health. I know from when my son was in a hospital in Philadelphia (in a very bad neighborhood) 18 years ago, that being in a hospital is a different world...one with alot of suffering, hope, and sadness. Whenever one thinks one has it bad, there is always someone there who has it worse. And even that long ago, the chapel (at least they had a chapel) was new-age! It was sad...and I greatly missed being able to go to my own church, as my husband and I took turns at his bedside, staying overnight, while the other tended our other children at home. (oh, he had a miraculous recovery...and so we went on to normal life soon after) love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should add. Regarding your comment about the Lord's presence. Yes! When I sat near my son's hospital bed, in all my sadness, I could feel the presence of Jesus and I knew he loved us so. And even though my son was suffering, Jesus was even more innocent (more so then this cute little 5 year old boy) and He suffered even more! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. That drill must have been a shocker.
    How sad the hospital has no chapel, only a PC meditation room. That is good of you to pray for all who enter the hospital, prayer warriors are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?