Sunday, May 20, 2012

New Towels and More Garden

I just listed these 3 black kitten dish towels...I had a fun time making them and they are now in my Etsy shop.....Sweet Home Stitchery..... The pattern is from Aunt Martha, a vintage inspired pattern..the towels have a green/yellow stripe and have a hanging loop...... I haven't stitched very much but am stitching a special order for a friend.....plus have another special order in the near future....didn't realize it at the time, but the fig tree outside our window cast a shadow which didn't show up until I posted the photo....these are very nice towels...a nice weight and iron like a dream....no lint!

Our weather has been warm, in the high 80s and low 90s.......

the tomatoes we grew in pots are doing well and are loaded with green tomatoes.....I took these photos during the solar eclipse.....
Early this morning, we sprayed the ground around the beds for weeds....in anticipation of  lining the area with grass mats....Alan added solar lights to the beds too.
we're also re thinking our lawn as the water bill continues to rise.....haven't decided what to do yet......talking to our neighbors, evidently everyone's water bills are going up.....our water district has a special right now and will pay for you to remove your lawn for more water friendly landscaping...I'd like to get good artificial turf myself.....no watering or mowing...we would still keep our small lawn in the front.

That's about all the news today.....tomorrow we have jobs and I will post some new photos of our grandson, Jayden...he can pull himself up now and will be walking soon.....crawls everywhere..... a happy sweet baby and a blessing to all of us.


3 comments:

  1. I love those towels and your garden beds are looking wonderful!!! I love the idea of solar lights there, we have a huge problem with deer here, do you think they might deter them?? Aren't grandsons such a blessing? I just can't wait to get to mine the end of next month!!!! Have a great day Dani:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those towels are precious, Dani! You do such good work.
    Your tomatoes look great- the raised beds seem to be working nicely for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your towels! I have just ordered a book so I can learn to hand stitch also!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?