Friday, July 11, 2014

TV

I don't know about you, but I get really tired of the TV programing today. There are a few shows we both like but all the reality TV is getting worse and worse. I think the programmers are finding less and less good material. Where are all the good writers? Reality shows are cheap to produce and they seem to keep churning out more and more ridiculous shows.

Alan and I have turned to some of the old shows that are still playing. MeTV has many of them and we're enjoying Rockford alot as well as some of the old favorites like Dragnet, Perry Mason,etc. One thing I like about the Rockford series is all the scenes of Southern California way back when California made sense.  One episode even had scenic views of the old Las Vegas which was fascinating.  If you don't get MeTV, you can also find episodes on Hulu for free. I've always liked James Garner and am a fan of his on Facebook.

Of the shows on today, we both like Longmire and I'm partial to Major Crimes but that's about it.
Question, what shows do you like? Do you enjoy the reality shows?




2 comments:

  1. I do watch a lot of TV and like the sports channels including Golf. I must admit I watch some trashy shows. I like Master Chef, Americas got Talent, Black Box, Storage Wars and Pawn Stars, HSN and QVC PBS Doc Martin and others.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with all you said! Most t.v. shows are awful, awful! We just have basic cable for one t.v. and don't get many channels...but we do get ME tv and antenna t.v. which are good for old shows (Thank God!) For a second t.v. we have a Mohu leaf antenna that we bought from amazon (made in usa) and we get all the channels from basic except PBS and EWTN. So basically I just have cable for EWTN (Catholic programing).

    Modern t.v. shows are very anti-traditional family. BUT, I do love to watch The Middle and feel that is a good show.
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?