Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wednesday Pet of the Week

Meet Tornato, a 5 year old, long haired chihuahua....he is ready for his forever home and would make a wonderful pet and companion...long haired Chihuahua's are so cute and actually look much like little foxes....

Over the weekend, our son found this little kitten behind our back wall and rescued her...she is so cute and only about 6 weeks old..we tried to introduce her to the other cats in our family but our one black cat, Smokie, just wouldn't tolerate her.
Donny took her to the dog rescue and kept her in the office...he was able to find her a good home in just a few days..from what I understand, there are so many kittens right now that need homes...this kitten was lucky....I read that the local regular animal shelter has to destroy 70% of the kittens and cats that are turned in as they just don't have room...we always have our animals spayed or neutered and I believe that is being a good responsible pet owner...

Another warm day today, I have a weather widget on the side of the blog, and it says its going to be 100 all week....this hot weather always makes me feel tired and not wanting to cook, is it the same for you? Last night we just grilled some chicken outside plus some coleslaw and avocado salad...just too hot to heat up the kitchen.

I worked more on the second pillowcase and also worked on my online store ...I decided to make it mostly embroidery items....looking at the EZ shop directory I am the only one doing this so that may or may not be a good thing. I found more patterns and pattern books to put in the store which I will do today. I found a source for embroidery blanks too so I will be listing some pillowcases, etc. to embroider....
I don't consider myself an expert at embroidery....I'd put myself in the moderate category...and am always trying to get better, with smaller stitches...there are others that do finer work. I've seen some fantastic blogs with wonderful detailed work. I would like to encourage people to embroider and hope I can help them along the way. You can do it! I know you can...

2 comments:

  1. Tornato is adorable. I wouldn't think it would be hard to find someone willing to make him part of their family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani - it is blistering hot here also - we are having to be careful with our little house dogs - they want to be outside (even though we live on acreage - we do have about 3/4 acre fenced in yard) - but they get far too hot. Tornato is adorable - my mom would have loved him. I am missing having an indoor cat (my feline friend died this past winter and DH firmly suggested - no more). SO - glad you guys rescued that cutie.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?