Wednesday, June 25, 2008



I just finished another pillowcase..getting a little "burned out" of pillowcases and making myself start on the matching one is a chore..these are very easy to do though and don't take much time...I actually think I am getting the hang of the French knots..this case is already trimmed with lace which is nice. I haven't even washed it yet, you can still see the ring where the hoop was.
I cleaned out my small linen closet and organized it yesterday...this house just wasn't set up with a woman's point of view...hardly any cupboards or storage for linens. Just a few shallow shelves...what were they thinking? There is no room for sheets, tablecloths, blankets, etc.
I'd like to get some kind of chest of drawers to store linens in...maybe one day. I did find a roll of vintage hand crocheted lace I had found at an estate sale last year that I forgot about...

Last evening Alan and I went out in the garden and did some rose dead heading, and examining the chaos after the heat wave...some clean up needs to be done....and always the dreaded weeding...the heat never bothers weeds! Its supposed to stay cool for the next two days so it should give us time to get it cleaned up again......warming up by the weekend..
I made Lemon Chicken for supper, the recipe is simple:
1/3 cup. fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 c. chopped red peppers, 2 chopped garlic cloves, and 2 T. Dijon mustard...mix this all together well and pour it over 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts...marinate for at least 1/2 hour and then grill, brushing the marinade while they cook..it was very good and is a keeper......easy to remember too...I didn't have any red peppers so just omitted them...

Has anyone clicked on the little speaker for the Bible reading? The speakers voice is wonderful...at least I think so...what does you think?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani, I like your pillowcase. My motherinlaw had made me some really pretty ones. She passed away last year and now evertime I make a bed with these pillowcases I think of her and the time and effort she put in making them for me.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?