Thursday, June 12, 2008



I finished the one pillowcase and will start soon on the matching one...it was fun to do, except for the french knots...they are my nemesis...I studied the online tutorial time and time again, but still have trouble with them...fortunately this pattern didn't have many. This was the first time I used a crayon to color her hat...I kinda like it and it will soften as its washed....
The second photo is of a tea cloth my grandmother made about 60 years ago...the cloth is in good shape for as old as it is.....the color is brighter than the photo..she would have card parties (was a bridge player) and set up card tables in the living room with a pretty cloth on each one....


I hope if you are thinking about doing embroidery, you decide to...such a nice hobby and makes things that can be passed down, like my grandmothers tea cloth...another thing I like is that it doesn't take up much space..you can take it with you and also its so relaxing to do.
I especially like pillowcases as they really look nice on our bed...at least I think they look pretty....I like to make things we can really use.

4 comments:

  1. Dani: I love these linens soooo much!!! You have been doing some super beautiful work. It's so nice that you have those heirlooms from your grandmother. What a treasure!!! Looking forward to seeing what's next!

    Hugs... *Linda*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring me - I keep thinking I'd like to try embroidery again - especially pillowcases. Yours are lovely - sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! gorgeous work, Dani! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?