Thursday, June 19, 2008



This is another unfinished project, a little redwork baby quilt....I have all the embroidered blocks done but still have a long ways to go as far as putting the pieced blocks together and then finishing the top. Some of the piecing needs to be adjusted as it doesn't meet up correctly. I have a very nice solid bright red tablecloth for the back...its old but in like new condition. You can somewhat get the idea of how it will look, and I plan on hand quilting the pieced blocks....I found a large hoop at an estate sale to use. As I am an older mom, I don't know if I will be around when the grandchildren come so thought I would make several baby quilts to put away for that day...plus I get a lot of fun out of it.
I also have transfer patterns for a zoo animal baby quilt, but the embroidered blocks are smaller.
I think the animated dish pattern I have in the store would make a darling kitchen wall hanging but I don't have much wall space in our kitchen.





We had BLT sandwiches last night with the rest of the coleslaw...just too hot to cook although it did cool off nicely.
We covered up the strawberries with shade cloth and they are doing well in spite of the heat. The cloth is supposed to cut the sun by 70%...the nectarines are just about ripe, we've been checking them every day and actually picked one yesterday. Alan and I shared it, the flavor was out of this world, and it was very juicy.
I put a corned beef in the crockpot early this morning and thought we could use it for sandwiches..even got a jar of sauerkraut for Reubans with swiss cheese...the weather is too warm for big heavy meals and hot kitchens...but we get tired of grilled food every night. Everyone likes a good sandwich occasionally with cold salads.....

My bible reading today was Proverbs 8, wisdom calling out to all who will listen.
" Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold,1for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her.
2"I, wisdom, dwell together with prudence; I possess knowledge and discretion.
3To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.
14Counsel and sound judgment are mine; I have understanding and power."

We've stopped watching most of the news and many of the new shows, have a few favorites, of course but mainly watch the old re runs, and old movies....."evil behavior and perverse speech" seem to be the mainstream anymore, especially the cable shows.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the redwork, Dani!!!! Can't wait to see it done! I remember all those towels back in the 50's!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, what a marvelous quilt! I love redwork. Some time ago I purchased an old children's bible coloring book and hope to someday make a redword Bible story quilt. It is on my list of wonderful projects that I want to accomplish!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?