Monday, September 5, 2011

Working for a Livin....Labor Day fun



Just thought I'd post a fun video of Huey Lewis and the News from back in the 1980s...have a great day! its sprinkling here today but hope it clears off as we want to barbecue....

back at the time, I was working full time for Walmart..they were experimenting with a discount clothing store like Ross..actually we were right next door to Ross in Oceanside....great company to work for actually, it was called Designer Depot...good pay and benefits...I was a department supervisor and was being trained to be a manager...we had fashion shows, and company dinners in the back room...fun work.....unfortunately, Walmart decided to close it as on a national level it wasn't making a big enough profit which is always the bottom line, but it was the best job I ever had...we actually had better buys and nicer clothes than Ross...a great shoe department and the jewelry department was very good....when it was announced they were closing...all the employees cried as we loved it so.....I wonder if there are any companies now that their employees would feel the same for the same reason....hope so.....

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dani..

    I was in accounting for over 30 years and just always loved my job! The last employer that I worked with for 15 years, was also amazing and I really enjoyed those time with them.

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dani,

    We are having light steady rain. It`s in the 70`s. Wonderful! Hope you get to barbecue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Dani,
    I remember working, it was easy compared to working at home, I remember Huey also and had his music, I still hear it now and then.

    I also remember John Couger( with Mellancamp) at a store I worked at opening too called Maurice's. I was a book keeper also and it was fun unpacking clothes to hang too!
    Bob was transferred and we moved around alot, before that I worked at Maurice's in Kansas City and then to Lousiana.
    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?