Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Raggedy Jan

Speaking of fall decorating, I just discovered this Etsy seller, Raggedy Jan and her wonderful hand painted items....just love them..I've always admired painters and artists.....she takes ordinary teapots, kettles, old irons, and other things and makes them into works of art....she is a Midwest artist from Missouri.....above is one of my favorites.....her prices are quite reasonable also......with so much of the gifts in the stores coming from China...handmade is the way to go for gifts or for your own home if at all possible......I would love for the handmade movement to spread..

Its taken me a few weeks to get back into stitching...Mrs. Quack's death hit me a little hard...I finished a old project and am working on a few new ones.....our weather is slowly cooling off, although we have had a few hot days yet..but the nights are wonderful, in the 60s....with the cooler weather, you feel like baking, crafting and getting ready for the holidays..at least I do..

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful teapot Dani. I`d love to be that talented. The sunset in your header is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...this is so cute, I will have to check it out. I've always admired people who could paint like this! Just beautiful. We're having some cooler weather, but today and tomorrow are summer temps!! So we've got our air going again!!! :( However soon it will be cooler.

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani -- that is stunning! Happy stitching friend :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the teapot. Your new background and pictyure are so good

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is real talent...I will go take a peek in her shop...I love the washboard box in your previous post..looks like the same crow I have on my wreath :) Blessings dear Dani

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?