Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Peaceful Housewife and Specials for a Dear Friend



As I said yesterday, I was asked to review recipes from the Peaceful Housewife.....her selling blog includes many organic, green and healthy cleaning products...if you have little ones running around, or health issues, particularly allergies (and we do here), or just want to be frugal...you might want to check out her site...The link will send you to the page where she has the Ebook I am giving away....it has over 30 recipes for homemade cleaning products....and the good thing about this is that I can feel free of opening this up to my overseas friends also as long as I have their email address...I will be giving away two of these little books...no requirements, just comment and if you don't have a blog where I can contact you...please send me your email address at vargasondanielle@gmail.com.

The giveaway will last for 10 days and this giveaway is separate from my regular monthly one.....

I made the recipe for laundry soap and am including it here...having a hard time this morning loading photos so sorry about that..but the recipe was fairly easy to put together..although I had to look in several stores to find the washing soda...maybe  you will have better luck...

1 bar soap (popular choices are Fels Naptha, Zote, Kiss My Face Pure Olive Oil Soap, or Ivory) (I used Ivory)
1 - 2 cups washing soda (also known as sodium carbonate)
1-2 cups borax
Grate the soap using a old cheese grater or food processor. Mix in washing soda  and borax...Experiment to see what works best for you...I like it about 50-50...you can scent this if you wish with essential oils. Use 1 to 2 Tablespoon per load. This did a good job...with prices going up all the time...might be something you might consider doing....it makes enough to wash about 20 loads or so, depending on how large your loads are...we have 6 in the house with the baby so I am washing at least one load a day...can't even imagine if they used cloth diapers!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.



I also wanted to mention that my friend Nancy from Huggins Haven is having a special...buy 3 items and get the 4th one for half price...she makes the most useful and darling things.....wish I can post a photo...sigh..will they ever get Blogger fixed? or perhaps its my computer, its a dinosaur..
anyway, Nancy is trying to get funds to help her furry babies and she can explain it (with photos, lucky her) better than I can so hope you will go over, say hello and check out her goodies...I love her grocery bags and use them all the time.

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up on these links, Dani... I've been to the Peaceful Housewife's site before and she has some wonderful ideas.
    I'm off to visit Nancy!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?