Thursday, September 8, 2011

More Thoughts on a Wednesday

My son discovered that a Barn owl had made a nest in the tree in front of our house.....I normally like owls as you know and can't really fault the owl...she was only doing what comes naturally to feed her young...if we had known she was there, we would have taken better precautions so I guess its partially our fault, Mrs. Q is gone...seemed strange this morning to get up and not hear her....I don't think we are going to get any more animals..its just too hard when they leave us....seems harder as we age, doesn't it? perhaps because we've already lost so much in the way of loved ones....

Alan and I were talking and looking forward to the Lord's return, when animals won't be predators any more and "the lion will lie down with the lamb"...


Isaiah 11:6"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them."

Isaiah Chapter 65:25
"The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD."

5 comments:

  1. It will be a wonderful day when we see these verses come true, won't it! I'm so sorry about Mrs. Qauck : ( Blessings, Shirlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. And I think it is true for me too, as I am older now, I appreciate animals more. Probably because there is a gap when you don't have little babies to appreciate! love,andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, so sorry to hear about Mrs Q missing. Didn't you lose a duck a while back to another animal?
    We also have owls and other predators and I worry about my animals too.
    So sorry! I love the verse!
    Hugs, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will be wonderful when these
    verses come true..seems the days
    are coming closer all the time..
    so sad about Mrs Q... We no longer having animals lost three in a short 2 years..

    Warm Blessings
    Ladybug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting article, it definitely got me thinking by Revathi

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?