Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sunday Coffee Cake...


Sometimes I like to throw together this little easy coffee cake...there are only a very few commercial products I use..Bisquick is one..been around a long time and as its sugar free, we use it occasionally....

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

1 1/2 c. bisquick
1/2 c. sugar (or Splenda)
2 T. softened butter or margarine
1 egg
3/4 c. sour cream or plain yogurt
1 t. vanilla
Heat oven to 350...grease or Pam a square pan....8x8x2"...Mix all ingredients above and spoon into pan....cover with this streusel topping..

Streusel...
Cut 2 T. firm butter or margarine into 1/4 c. Bisquick, 3 T. sugar (or splenda),1/2 c. cinnamon and 1/4 t. nutmeg..until very crumbly...

Bake streusel covered coffee cake for 30 minutes or so...serve warm...

This is a very simple and delicious coffee cake..not too sweet, tender and delicious....Sundays just seem like a coffee cake day...

3 comments:

  1. This looks yummy and I didn't realize that Bisquick was sugar-free. Thanks! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm- I'll definitely have to try this, Dani- I use a lot of Bisquick and coffee cakes are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani 1/2 c of cinnamon? I used it but it sure is a lot and it is still cooking and not white like yours. Hope it is right.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?