Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday, Blackwork, Stuffed Potatoes Plus

I've been working on my embroidery and got this black work framed yesterday..the pattern is from Bird Brain..and I just love it.....I tea dyed the fabric but as it was terribly pale, added some black walnut stain to it and I think the color came out perfect...have two more to do and they'll be in my shop........I also finished a vintage pillowcase and am working on the second one....plus there are two more black work ones to do...the primitive patterns don't take too long as they are simple stitches......especially I like the little sheep.......

For supper last night, I threw together stuffed baked potatoes...no real recipe...I grilled some chicken breast until it was nice and brown..then shredded it....shredded some cheese...and found half a jar of mushrooms in the fridge...baked several potatoes in the microwave..when they were done...I put the potatoes on the bottom, split them and added the chicken, mushrooms and cheese...Oh, I did cook the mushrooms a bit in some butter.......then a dollop of sour cream on top..or cottage cheese..really good, filling and quick.......I've done this with pork also if we have some left overs or you could use browned meat of any kind...or if you don't have meat, steamed vegetables, especially broccoli is very good....kids like this as they can build their own..both the boys enjoyed these when they were younger and last night, our youngest put together his ..he doesn't care for mushrooms....
We used to have family pizza night too and I would make homemade pizza dough in the bread maker...lots of toppings in little bowls, everybody made their own and we popped them into the oven...really good and fun....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks for the kind comments about yesterdays post........I think as we get a little older....we look back on our lives and hopefully without regret....I was blessed with a wonderful childhood with loving parents..my only regret was not finishing college but its not a big regret.......now it seems having a college education isn't a guarantee of a good job when you graduate....quite a few college grads are back home with their parents after school.......if you are not acquainted with Iowa Hawk.....he is a gifted writer and yesterday did a post on graduation...but I do warn you....sometimes his posts are sharp  and he occasionally uses bad language but its always appropriate and in context....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
well..that's about all for today...I woke up to Alan canning cherries! as I type this, we have 7 pints already done.....more on that tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. OH YUM! Those potatoes sound good, I love a baked potato!!!! Love that black stitching too, very nice:) Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?