Friday, May 6, 2011

Crocheting and Me

 

I've got the baby afghan well underway...here is what it looks like right now...took me a little while to get back into the swing of crocheting as I haven't done any in probably 15+ years..but its like riding a bike, you don't forget......plus the ripple stitch is very basic and easy..I taught myself to crochet as my mother didn't...but  Grandma did,  however she passed away before she could  teach me. It felt good to pick up the crochet hook again....

Also finished another towel.....this guy is ready to chow down...sorry, the light wasn't very good....I also got an order in my little shop for 4 candle mats so I am busy with stitching////
Yesterday we took a long drive to San Diego as Alan had missed one of the houses in the lockbox exchange...it was a pleasant ride but 140  mile round trip so needless to say we were tired when we got back.....then we got a call for another job closer to home....business has been fairly good this month!

This evening I will drawing the name for the winner of the tags...if you haven't signed up yet, there is still time!
Just had 15 people enter so you have a good chance of winning....click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Your baby afghan is sweet. I love the colors and your new towel is a cutie too. My stitching isn`t nearly as nice as yours.

    have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bay afghan looks great Dani..I could never get the ripple design to come out right on mine so I mostly stick to granny squares and just work on them sometimes while we watch T V.
    Anxious to see who wins your cute little tags (hope it is me) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! I've been crocheting on and off for the past 35 or so years. You are right, you don't ever forget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh joy I was able to open you r page. Lovely afghan

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?