Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wednesday


Since I can't take any photos, (the camera went with Matt)  thought I'd share one I took last week, Mrs. Quack has outdone herself..she made a nest under our African Sumac tree and just look at the eggs! They're not fertile of course, but she doesn't know....she sits on them every night...I am slowly take them away but its cute to watch her..normally she isn't very maternal, Pekin ducks are not great mothers...

Today its a bit warmer here..... it got down to 35 last night and has warmed  up to 70..I even have the patio door open today to get some sunshine and air....actually washed windows today too......

Today is our 37th anniversary! Alan had some jobs but called me to invite me out to dinner this  evening...my favorite place, The Olive Garden. We haven't gone out to a nice restaurant in several years so it will be a real treat.......

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Dani!
    Enjoy your night out!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary Dani and hubby.

    Oh those eggs are fantastic. The tree you mentioned sounds very tropical to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Anniversary, Dani and Alan!! May you have 37 more years together! The Olive Garden is one of my favorite places too... I can make a meal on their salad and breadsticks.
    Looks like Mrs. Quack has been very busy... bless her little heart, she just wants to be a mama. (Or so she thinks..)

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?