Monday, December 6, 2010

More Northern California Photos, Our Tree, New Redwork Towels




This is the cove where our neighbor is going to build his retirement home on one of the cliffs looking down into this beach area...



Old logging wagon

one of several old bridges..Matt was really impressed with all the wonderful colors of plants

the 3 guys really had fun hiking on these trails that over looked the cove..I would have too...just wonderful....

Back to reality...
we did some tweeking on the tree we bought...and it looks better now but we aren't done yet...planning on getting the young people together to string some popcorn for garlands and add a topper of some kind..
I added some of my tags to the tree also


here is the first of the new set of redwork flour sack towels I will be listing...new pattern from Aunt Martha's...

I did alot of stitching yesterday afternoon, fighting this head cold...later in the afternoon, it poured down rain..we had quite a storm..and its soggy today too.....so much for a dry winter,  huh?

5 comments:

  1. Love the photos and the redwook! My daughter and son-in-law just came back to Iowa after spending almost 3 years in Asland, Oregon. You have such beautiful country out there! Any snow yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are just amazing!! I love all of them! Your tree is so pretty, just know when you get the popcorn strings up that wil really add to it! (even though I think it's pretty right now..) Sorry you have a head cold..hope you feel better soon!!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some of the same tags on my tree Dani (from the swap last year) and they look really nice on our tree.
    I remember stringing popcorn with the boys when they were little and they would all be yelling at Ty because he kept eating the popcorn..we also used cranberries since they were so cheap living close to the marsh:)
    Very interesting photos Dani and a very pretty tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you r picturesque snaps Dani, beautiful indeed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tree, Dani- and I love your little ornaments!! I have a picture on my blog of our tree with the ones I got from you last year.
    Sorry you're not feeling well- take care of yourself and get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?