Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Local Color, Saying Good Bye to a Friend and Fire News

Yesterday, after work, we stopped by our bank..while I was waiting for Alan, I snapped these photos of the trees in the parking lot...they were just beautiful after all the cold weather we've had..normally, it doesn't get cold enough for any color here.....trees throughout our town are either red or gold right now and so pretty....

We had a sad thing happen...my oldest son's cat had to be put down as the urinary tract problem he had wasn't getting better..the vet said it would cost 1,000s and there were no promises of a cure so he decided Smoky didn't need to suffer any more..poor guy...Alan built a little box for Smokie and we buried him underneath the fig tree...Don feels really badly. Smokie was the cat that was part Siamese and so clever...he will be missed..male cats seem to have this problem alot as this is the second cat we've lost from the same illness.

On the positive side, the insurance company has released all the funds and the restoration people have returned! They are taking down the old garage so there is lots of noise. They were able to save most of the tiles on the roof. They are concrete tiles and old, it would be hard to match the color.We will get an entire new garage roof, joists, etc, new electrical and gas lines, new insulation and dry wall, new garage door and opener, virtually a new garage with new cabinets and shelving....it should be done before Christmas.

About two blocks from us, another garage caught fire two weeks ago but the owners were not home and it went into the living room and kitchen before the fire department was called. We felt for them. I don't know if these houses (tract housing) have defects but its been so many years since they were built..not much can be done...
This has been a very hard year, some I've posted about, some I haven't but as the scripture says
"Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?  As it is written:
in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us" Romans 34-37
.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful color ... perhaps you'll even get a dusting of snow for Christmas??? I am so sorry to hear about Smokey. He was a very handsome cat. We too buried our favorite kitty under a tree ... ours was a cherry tree. Perhaps there is another little kiity out there who can now use a good home? I am sorry its been a hard year. It seems it has been for quite a lot of people. Praying for comfort and understanding to come your way in abundance. Sending a Hug, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of Smoky ((HUGS))it's never an easy thing. Those trees are so pretty, all we have been seeing here is snow, and lots of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear your insurance went through.Hugs to your son for the loss of Smokie.We had that happen to one of our cats as well but his went bad in a week.I'll keep you in my prayers tonite.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dani, I'm sooo sorry to hear about Smokie. I know the pain you and your family is going through with this as I've been through it several times, too. We get so attached, don't we? I love the verse you posted today. Thank you for that, as I really needed that encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo sorry to hear about Smokey..I know how sad it is when a pet dies.
    The pictures of your trees remind me of Wisconsin in October. The only green trees we have around here are the pine trees..the rest are all bare. I am already looking forward to spring..has been a nasty winter and it has just begun.
    Happy to hear you will finally have a garage..We miss things even more than we thought when they are gone. Sorry to hear about your neighbor..especially hard this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Dani- I'm so sorry about Smoky, it always hurts to lose a member of the family. He was a beautiful animal and I'm sure he lived a wonderful life.
    So glad to hear they are going to have your house finished in time for Christmas- but that's very sad about your neighbors, I know you feel their pain.
    Love the pictures- beautiful color! And thanks for the comforting scripture- that's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?