Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday

We have spent the entire weekend with no gas...the construction guys had  problems last week..a comedy of errors, none their fault..first the compressor they were using to soda blast the charred wood wouldn't work, calls back to the rental company went unanswered until late in the afternoon....so that was a day wasted..then Friday, the trusses were delivered, a crane came and put them on the roof, only to discover they were the wrong size..so we are starting over today...I hear work being done so its onward and upward for this week...hopefully....

I heated up water in the microwave to wash dishes which was awkward but not bad...and we've not done much cooking, no baking this weekend....mostly cold sandwiches, grilled hamburgers and some fast food....sure will be happy when the gas is back as I'm itching to make some Christmas cookies, pumpkin bread, etc....can't believe it's already the 13th....

Our  youngest son and his girlfriend made a gingerbread house over the weekend..Wilton has kits already premade. They had alot of fun putting it together and decorating it...as you can see, its already being nibbled on..don't know if it will last until Christmas! .I wanted to let you know about a giveaway....check out Oh My! Sugar High..they are giving away 3 Gingerbread kits, one for a house, gingerbread ornaments, and Gingerpop cookies......I have an additional link on my left side bar.

3 comments:

  1. That house looks yummy:D Hope you get the gas back on soon and have fun baking up a storm;)Enjoy the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did a great job! Mine never seem to stay together. I must be doing something wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did a good job Dani..I used to make GB Houses all through the 90's and taught classes at several different places..I still have my pampered chef pans but they are packed up high in a cabinet..no where to do the GB Houses here..maybe next year. I will try and post pictures in my blog some day when I find the pictures :)
    Hope they get your garage finished soon...I know how you must miss your kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?