Friday, February 26, 2010

Upland vintage homes

As I promised...here are a few photos of the nice vintage homes in Upland...we also noticed they had an historic downtown with antique shops which would be fun to visit...

















We really enjoyed our visit....the house we re keyed was a vintage one but had been heavily remodeled.....here is the front of it..We both prefer to keep with the original and just update what really needs to be...like plumbing, etc...but to each his own...the person who remodeled did a good job....it will be a lovely home when finished..

you can see all the French doors we had to re key..there were many more at the back also....nice front courtyard though....the house looks small from the front but its quite spacious inside...has one large master and a smaller room that could be a second bedroom..nice kitchen area and dining room too but as I mentioned..they must have run out of funds as it went back to the bank...not finished inside yet....a good investment.....all the main work was done, hardwood floors, granite counter tops and new cabinets....they even left blue prints for the new owner so they could finish....

I went to several estate sales yesterday...didn't find very much..a nice vintage oil lamp, and this pretty crocheted centerpiece


I have to get the hurricane top for the oil lamp..I collect them and will share one of these days...they are sure handy when the power goes out!

6 comments:

  1. Those homes are just precious. I love the old-time houses. They have so many touches modern homes don't, or at least the modern homes I can afford!

    I'd love to see the oil lamps you have. I used to collect the SOOT from the chimneys and use it as "kohl" for my eyes...as you can see I'm an old gal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to live in one of those houses Dani and I Love the doiley...I had a lof of them like that and primmed some of them and like the way they turned out...just need a different house to display them in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Dani -

    I just LOVE those old craftsman style homes. They are so charming. I can get really upset to see one being torn down for "progress". It's history from a by-gone era! Thanks for showing us those pics. I think I like the yellow one - I'm partial to yellow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like several of those homes! It's nice of you to take us on trips with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those houses - IF we weren't so devoted to our place - we'd love something that style. But the blessing is we get to "share" in seeing them with you - thank you! also - bless you and thank you so much for your faithfulness to our caringbridge site - the Lord is teaching us so much through this.
    BTW - several areas in Texas have homes similar to these and are protected against the exterior being changed in style to maintain the character of the area - as you said to each his own but it really does startle you to see such a change in a coherent area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your home tour reminds me very much of growing up in San Diego and all the older homes there...before the housing boom and mass construction in the burbs, lol.

    Your doilie with it's pineapple design is gorgeous...I'll look forward to seeing your oil lamp. I have a little collection too. I find great replacement chimneys from Poor Richard's in East Bethel, MN...not sure if he has a webpage or ebay shop.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?