Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday

I forgot yesterday to include the Spanish style homes..the first one needs a little paint..I just love front courtyards ...



..back in the 1920s, the Spanish style was very popular...these are actually made from adobe and plaster...have a wonderful feel about them..very gracious. tile roofs, lots of iron work



We woke up to gray skies and rain this morning...just as the weatherman predicted...supposed to be a good storm...one of the weatherman says that all drought conditions across the country are gone...I don't know if that is true or not.....hope so......

4 comments:

  1. Those are really neat, not many houses like that here in Pa! I like the second one best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great house!
    I step onto our yard and it is saturated!! It'll be a good while before we use a lawn mower!
    Have a happy Saturday!
    hughugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the Spanish style homes too. In fact, I enjoy all your posts about the houses you see. Our home is like a small bungalow. I would have loved to build a Craftsman style house, but one must build what one can afford. LOL

    I`d like to comment on your profile picture. My grandmother hated those bows! We had tons of pictures of her with huge bows,pretty similar to your picture. Even the hairstyle is the same. Small world. She was born in 1907 and passed in 1963.

    Thanks for the fun I have every time I visit.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I'm in the Southwest I am just wore out on the Spanish style houses. I like those Upland-style vintage houses!!! tee hee. But I love the front courtyards -- here the wealthy also have inner courtyards...you'd never guess from outside, but inside the house is built around a big courtyard. Very wonderful, especially for the pets.

    I hoep the weatherman is right about the droughts being gone. We have been in this drought out here so long. Cloudy here too.

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?