Monday, February 8, 2010

Friday, Alan re keyed a home here in Menifee for a person who's taking advantage of the low housing market by buying up homes to rent, later for re sale....he buys the houses at auctions..Alan found these kittens and their parents in the house....cute huh?
We decided to bring them home......we found homes right away for the kittens..and the mom/dad will be staying with us...they are both very good tempered, affectionate and sweet cats...above is Tuppence (we named them after characters in a series of stories that Agatha Christie wrote.
and this is the dad, Tommy...Tommy is very friendly...purrs constantly and loves to sleep on your lap..He's also lively and loves to play...curious too...Tuppence is shy but likes to be petted and has slept on my lap several times...our other cats, Bandit and Smoky are adjusting.....some growling and hissing but no fights......they are a little better everyday and soon will be friends...we are going to get Tommy and Tuppence fixed asap....I'm going to look into a low cost clinic the local shelter has on Saturdays to get them shots and fixed...they look like they were well taken care of...no fleas and well fed......I wonder why they were left behind.....we did get a call from the new owner saying, the previous owners wanted the cats back...we told them the kittens were gone but they could have these two but haven't heard back from them.......its been 3 days, if we don't hear anything this week....The new owner had told us to find them homes so we are in the clear.......one way or another....I'm getting attached so kinda hope they don't call....
I think they've been abandoned for some time..a neighbor was feeding them......


There have been a few questions about the giveaway...I will do my best to answer them..no, you don't have to be a member of Blog Spark...if you'd like to become a member and get free stuff by just blogging about it, feel free.....so far I've gotten 4 free boxes of cereal and the gift card.......there is a link on the left hand side going to the site...
secondly..you may have a store in your area and not realize it....Here is the link to the Safeway locator there are stores on the East coast from what I could figure out....mostly in the larger cities.
I always thought the Vons here was expensive but the sales are really good and some of the products were the same price or less than the store I usually shop at....I was pleasantly surprised.They have a very nice bakery too.....my weakness. It was nice to have someone ask if I wanted help too....shopping at our Winco, you bag your own groceries....which I don't mind but it was a pleasant change. I picked up a Vons card and saved 14.00...

Feel sorry for the East Coast and Midwest with all the bad weather......we've had rain again but its coming about once a week...no more flooding..it rained two days ago very hard and we are expecting rain again tomorrow...then on the weekend......sunny days inbetween....Alan and I are working on our garden...getting it ready for planting in a few weeks.....continuing digging up big rocks...you won't believe how large some of them are.....all the rain makes for " easy" digging....weeding also.....we are looking forward to planting and harvesting some nice tomatoes...can't stand the grocery store ones......trying something new this year..peas....
I remember my grandpa and I shucking peas in his backyard on the garden bench..they were so good and I ate my fill of fresh raw peas......

7 comments:

  1. The kitties are very pretty! Since you like them so good, I hope they won't call back, either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a cat lover so, I hope this situation works out for you and the kitties.
    I find it strange that the owners want them back after leaving them behind. If those cats were mine I wouldn't have gone anywhere without them!

    Luck!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, I am so thankful that you and Alan are such good and kind guardians of cats and dogs. What a blessing Alan took them home. Who knows what may have happened to the poor things. I am sitting here with my tiniest rescue, Hadji, on my lap.

    Oh, I hope your peas will grow. Now they are just delicious and like eating natural vitamin pills!

    I pray I win that card so I can donate it!!! But I want the others to win, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a special place in heaven for people like you. :-) Those cats are gorgeous, and I personally hope that the owners don't call since they left them in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling cats and nice ones too. Our weather has been wet but mild. No frosty mornings or snow for a month. I can't start gardening til late March.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the kittens....I had one forever that looks like one of your's, he passed away...They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... cute kitties, Dani!
    I used the Safeway locater and the closest one to me is Atlanta, so I guess I'm out of the drawing, but thanks anyway... it's very sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?