Friday, February 12, 2010

This is my gggrandfathers house in Upton, Mass...Arba Thayer Wood....my aunt and her husband are going to go there this fall and have been writing to the lady who owns the house....they are 10th cousins.....the house was built in 1855....I envy them for making the trip..and hope they take alot of photos......as this one is from 1922...my aunt is the last remaining member of my dad's generation..she was born to my grandmother late in life.....and is in her 70s.
The house is called "Woodside". As I love old houses...it will sure be interesting to see what they find out....they also plan on doing more genealogy visits to other areas including Niagara Falls where our ggggrandparents grew up before the Revolution.....should be loads of fun.....my aunt emailed me an entire section of a old genealogy book on the family too.......which I will print out...
I've been encouraging them to join Facebook but she says they are too old....I've found quite a few family members there....

2 comments:

  1. I love history and I love old houses... My sister in law just restored an 1829 home it is beautiful (so much history in it)
    Can't wait until you post more pics...And your Momma'a recipe box is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love houses with history like that! I think they are so beautiful! It will be neat to see what it looks like now!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?