Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Vegetables and Fruit Bags




You may have read, Nancy made us several vegetable and fruit storage bags...thought I'd let you know how well they work...usually my potatoes tend to sprout if not used within 10 days or two weeks...we like to buy several bags when they are on sale as the guys are meat and potato people....so good storage is important.....
The potatoes haven't sprouted at all and are in wonderful condition some 2-3 weeks after being stored in Nancy's bag.....the oranges we get tend to mold but not now...If you don't already have a storage container for these and other vegies (I'm talking onions ) please consider ordering some of Nancy's bags....these bags are fully lined, washable and can be used for many years....a very good investment for your kitchen..you can find these bags in Nancy's store...
just click on the link under "Making Memories Nana", under favorite sites...
if you scroll down through the posts, I have a photo of ours on our old vintage cabinet...they are decorative too! What's not to like?
Also the soap recipe is wonderful...I made another batch this morning..(like I said we do a lot of wash)... the clothes come out of the dryer feeling so soft and clean..almost as if I had used fabric softener...we have very hard water here....

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the bags, Dani- I may have to try one of those. Since hubby and I can't have a meal without a potato, I keep a couple of bags on hand at all times.
    I'm getting ready to make my own soap, too- I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bags sound great, Dani! I think I need to invest in one as well.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dani..I have been using the bags (but the ones I made for myself aren't as nice looking :) and I love the way they keep the food fresh. A bag of Potatoes lasts us a long time and I hate to throw food out. My sister has some I made and I also made her some for Lemons and Limes and Garlic...and of course hers aren't that nice looking either... LOL
    The other thing I made for her is a milk jug diaper and it fits on the bottom of your gal of milk and keeps the fridge cleaner. She didn't like the marks that a milk jug made on the glass shelves in her fridge. I made her one for her 1/2 gal of orange juice too. She is the one that comes up with all these ideas and one day I just thought I would share them with everyone. Now she has me making a cover for the top of her fridge so she can just take it off to throw it in the wash and not have to be constantly wiping the top of her fridge. It will have magnets sewed right in so it will stay in place.
    Sorry to go on and on...guess I am just real gabby this morning.
    I will try and post pictures in my blog soon.
    I also sold a mailbox cover today from my web store that was another one of my sisters ideas :)
    Nancy
    www.Hugginshaven.com

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?