Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Curio Cabinet




Here is a photo of our Victorian curio cabinet...I put the canisters across the top and the bread box is below...right now the cooky jar is on the bottom shelf....its such a nice cabinet......the glassed in cupboard has very old handmade glass...inside are my cookbooks, a old cigar box and my mom's little celluloid doll with some skeleton keys scattered about....on either side of the canisters are two of my collection of old oil lamps....
The two homespun bags have potatoes in one and oranges in the other one...Nancy made those for me.....she's going to be listing some some too in her store...there are labels on them saying Taters and Oranges.....the cloth bags keep the vegies and fruit for spoiling for quite a while....not that they last long in our house anyway!

4 comments:

  1. Dani, I sure admire that curio and how you've decorate it. It's like a peek back in time. I have a small oil lamp collection too. They're nice to look at and so useful when the electric goes out too!

    So glad you shared this pretty setting with us.

    Blessings, Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing my bags Dani..I will try and get some made up soon to list in my web site store. If anyone wants to order them in a special color I can do that too.
    I got my first Apron finished and will be posting a pic of it in my blog...Check it out when you get a chance.
    Thanks again. I love the Prim look with all the neat things in your Cabinet..someday maybe I will be able to have mine displayed better...have to get a bigger house first...as soon as possible :)
    Nancy
    Hugginshaven.com
    not much in my web store right now...Just so cold down here that it is hard to stay down here very long. I am so happy that at least my sewing machine is up stairs now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, it looks just wonderful. The canisters are lovely there, and so are the bags. I'll have to get some of those bags from Nancy! My potatoes and onions are going rotten much too fast!

    The whole arrangement is great!

    And I'm still lovin' these labels!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful cabinet!! Now THAT would look wonderful in MY home! LOL
    So glad you came over to visit my blog!! I will be stopping by yours regularly...so nice to "meet" you and the fact that you cross-stitch as well! Great!!
    Take care
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?