Monday, April 14, 2008



I got two more apron patterns today in the mail...I wanted a simple full apron for myself...something practical that could be worn every day and just throw in the washer....Alan wants one too! I hope my new glasses will be in this week so I can get started. I tend to go overboard on patterns so will have to exercise some self control and not look at any more......
The second pattern I got is about my speed.....Sewing patterns for Dummies....like I said in my group chat....the first thing my home ec teacher assigned us was an apron..made out of netting....very difficult to sew...it took me a whole semester to finish it with my mom helping....it had a sequined pocket too...I don't know what the teacher was thinking.....plus the old machine we had at home was constantly binding and having problems.......for years after, thinking about machine sewing gave me a headache.....I am a crafter but not much of a machine sewer....Fortunately Alan bought me a lovely little machine that never gives me any problems and is easy to adjust.


I found a nice site with midi files on many classic hymns....including the one I posted yesterday for those who would like to hear the tune...
http://pilgrimspath.org/hymns.html....just scroll down to For the Beauty of the Earth..

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the music, Dani!
    The hymn is even prettier to me now!
    Good luck with the patterns... did you ever start on your tea cozy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting me, good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. not yet, Paula, waiting for my glasses to come in.....right now I have a hard time even reading fine print...I've been studying the pattern and think I understand how to put the cozy together ok....I also got the pattern for the thread caddy too, so will soon be sewing like crazy....looking forward to crafting again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the aprons!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the aprons - my MIL made me one for Christmas by measuring an old apron I had and liked. So pretty - pink, pale green and white striped polished cotton. Have fun - new glasses ARE fun - thanks for visiting my blog again,

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?