Sunday, April 20, 2008


this is the entrance to our rose garden....these are Don Juan climbing roses....this is the 3rd year and we are hoping it will cover the top this year....as you can see, its just loaded with big red roses and they are so fragrant...walking through the arbor you are hit with such a nice scent.....I've been cutting them for the house too.....
I posted the last time that we had visited the house where Alan had forgotten his tools...the view there from the upstairs windows was outstanding...I just had to share a couple of photos Alan took while we stood out on the living room balcony.. The first is looking at Murrieta, Ca with the mountains off in the distance...it was a hazy day...the second is looking down into neighboring homes...



The house is on 5 acres.....in an exclusive neighborhood with many huge homes, as you can see....we were surprised to find out it was selling for what our home would sell for...but it needed quite a bit of work...a good buy for someone who wanted to invest in a lovely area....it did have some problems...the road up to the house was very steep and not in good condition....my car made it fine but the realtors had a hard time with their SUV...the house is surrounded by many dead avocado trees and lots of weeds....on the plus side the road has lovely roses bushes on each side of it...the master bedroom has a huge rock fireplace with French doors leading outside....the fireplace goes through into the living room also and it has windows all around to catch the views...
I am not sure why I am posting about this home but it really impressed me for some reason...probably the views.....and no, we are not thinking of buying it.....

I think I will get my real estate license one day as I just love houses.....when I was little, I had an American brick building set that I loved.....I would build house after house.....I really like to see people buy homes and always congratulation them when they call to get
their new home re keyed.......we struggled for so long to be able to buy our first home and it was a foreclosed condo...which we were able to sell later and buy the home we have now....its our second and probably our last......God has blessed us here and we so appreciate everything thing we have gone through to get to this place in our lives....

3 comments:

  1. There is definitely something special about bright red climbing roses - so romantic. I am a realtor and always advise folks it is a hard job - but then anything done ethically and in God's way is hard work with good rewards whether here or in eternity. I see the views and agree they are beautiful - of course from my part of the world people want a view without all the houses in it. Fun part of blogs is seeing how other people live isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dani, those roses are so beautiful! You have been so patiently waiting for them to climb that arch, haven't you? I am hoping that cover the top this year too!

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planted 2 Rose Bushes (Red ones) yesterday in my new Hummingbird garden in memory of Billys Aunt Willie...That was her favorite Flower and she Loved Humming birds...I am just hoping the birds will like the special place I am making for them. I will try and post some updated pictures in my blog soon.
    Thank you for sharing all the beautiful pictures Dani...such a joy to see after looking out my window :)
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?