Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday Thoughts



Hi! Our weather has cooled off...good day to work outside.....early this morning, I trimmed one of our front purple fountain grass plants back as it had partially froze and was too big anyway....they don't mind being trimmed back severely and recover quickly....its grass after all.....
Also made Alan some more of his favorite blueberry muffins with steusel topping...
Yesterday, he had forgotten a tool at the last house he re keyed the day before, and invited me to go with him.....the house was in a very exclusive area, high on a hill...with 360 degree views...just breathtaking views of the city of Murrieta, and the mountains....it was an interesting custom built home, not large....on 5 acres...needed quite a bit of repair but as we found out later, had a steal of a price.....I was glad I went..he did find his tool too...plus a hammer that he didn't realize he had left.
Later, we went to one real estate office he does a lot of work for and met some of the realtors I had spoken to over the phone....and we ate at the Subway..
In the evening when everyone was home, we ordered pizza (every Friday in the Vargason house is pizza Friday) and watched a movie....we get Netflix and have been watching
Foyles War...it starts Michael Kitchen and is set during the early part of WWII in the southern coast of England..he is a police inspector...its very good..there are 4 parts....
and yes, I am getting the sewing machine out and starting an apron! I am all adjusted to my new glasses. I had bought some pink thread at Walmart, and discovered they had charged me almost $5.00 for this tiny spool....turned out it was glow in the dark thread...so I took it back...they didn't have any other pink thread....but afterwards, I dug around in my thread drawer and pulled out, not only one large spool but 3 more I didn't know I had! Learned a good lesson....
Here is a photo of purple fountain grass

I like it when it sways in the breeze..very graceful and pretty...

1 comment:

  1. Wow Dani..I really like the latest picture of the label that you posted. Also like the picture of the purple grass..I think I just got some seeds for that grass. We worked a lot in the yard today and will probably be out there most of the day working in the yard tomorrow (plus we splurged last week and bought a steak to share and cook on the grill) The weather is supposed to be really nice until Tuesday and then Billy will be going back to work and I can get back to sewing...more Aprons and maybe some raggedy table runners or potato bags.
    Hope you have a great Sunday...I bought some RED rose bushes today and planted them in my new Hummingbird Garden in memory of Billys sweet Aunt Willie...she passed away last year in May. I am sure she is looking down and smiling now.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?