Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday Pet of the Week



In lieu of my normal pet of the week, I am posting about our cat.
We have had our 9 year old cat Boots at the vet for two days..we noticed he was not eating and getting thin..turns out his kidneys are failing...he is on a special diet now and looking a little better..eating again...the vet says the next few days will tell...he's a great cat and our whole family is feeling sad as this illness won't get better, all we can do is put it off for awhile.....he is a member of the family and greatly loved..the boys are taking turns keeping him in their rooms at night so he won't be alone if the end comes and so far he is doing ok. Today he is acting like himself, eating, drinking and padding around, checking things out. He is asleep on our bed right now....
Our other cat, Smokie, won't have anything to do with him since he got back from the vet...he hisses if Boots comes close...evidently Boots smells "funny" to Smokie...cats are odd creatures sometimes...usually they are best buddies....sleeping together and cleaning each other...I hope he gets over this soon as I know Boots wants his friend back.
This happened once before when our son decided to give Boots a bath...the soap gave him a "funny" smell and it took 2 days before Smokie calmed down....

Here is another vintage postcard..

My youngest is going to the beach with a friend and his family....must be nice...its alot cooler there.

I finished the second pillowcase, washed and ironed both of them...Did other ironing also...I ironed this tablecloth and wanted to share.. I won on this on Ebay....its cross stitched and lovely..



Its one of my favorites. I really like the colors and the handwork is expertly done. I especially like how she finished the border with not only embroidery but crochet work too. If you click on the photo, you will get a very good close up of the nice handiwork.

4 comments:

  1. malachi310
    Oh Dani - hate it that your cat is declining - we are going through that with our beloved dog - congestive heart failure - today she is having a rough time - her days are expected to be few so we try hard to fill 'em up with love and attention. I'm sure your cat is equally doted upon -
    Love the tablecloth - remember when we all had several hand done table linens? Somehow I think we've lost a lot with plastics and cheap fabrics. Oh well - change is the only constant. Sorry - that isn't true - the Lord is the only true constant - but the world changes by the minute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I messed up and pasted in a scripture I was copying - deleted everything but the "address" - Having a blonde day that's for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani,
    I'm sorry to hear about Boots... but I know the Lord will help you as He has helped us with our Kokomo of 14 years. Truly there is a time a season for all things. May the Lord be with your tenderhearted sons as well...
    Yes, the tablecloth is very special indeed -- lots of character and style (like you, O.S.!)
    You have excellent taste, as always...
    Hugs, in Jesus,
    KayB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry about Boots, Dani.... I hope you have many more good days with him.
    The tablecloth is gorgeous... what a find!
    I want to see your work, too!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?