Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Well, my baking plans were put on hold yesterday...Alan came home and wanted me to go to Victorville for a re keying job...its a 75 mile trip one way so armed with Motrin and cough drops..we went......I do like the high desert and always am up for going...we bundled up with an extra sweatshirt as our experience in winter up there has been a chilly one......

There wasn't any snow on the lower mountains at all.....Alan had me take some shots like the one above...he likes to make computer jigsaw puzzles out of them....lots of shadows and crevices......I took tons of photos.hopefully some he'll be able to use.....coming back, took some traffic night scenes with all the lights which should be fun to put together too......

We both really liked the house...it was very nice and very clean....a easy job actually....the house was on a large lot...close to an acre with desert views....3 bedrooms, a family room, living room..modern very nice kitchen..and dining room...with a deck outside in the back....the carpet was in new condition...a nice blue color throughout..its actually move in ready...
would be a nice place to retire to..quite dead end street with good looking homes.....all you could hear was a distant train whistle..and the wind.....as the afternoon wound down, we were about done when a car pulled up and the realtor got out.......he came to take photos of the house....I was able to ask him how much he thought the house would sell for...he said a little over 100,000...which is a good price for so much land + a nice home.....Victorville has quite a few shops and stores....nice restaurants and such........its grown alot in the last 20 years. We think this would be a good investment.....
We got back after dark...it was a good afternoon and kinda nice to get out after a week at home...

I've been searching for my old cookbook with Grandma's recipe.....haven't found it yet......if I can't find it today..guess I'll have to email my aunt. I hope she has it......
hope everyone is prepared for Christmas next week....can't believe its almost here.....!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice day trip and what great scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That home sounds like a fabulous place to live! That mountain shot is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?