Monday, December 7, 2009

We managed to get the tree up and today, I was able to find the ornament boxes, even found the yo yo tree skirt I made two years ago.......we have so many ornaments..this isn't even all of them....we both love Christmas and have collected tons after 36 years of marriage......I plan on handing some over to the kids when they have homes of their own.........
here is one special ornament that I especially like... the boys dressed up as clowns..Christmas was so much fun when they were little



I have about 50 of different Campbells soup kids ornaments...


here is one of the shoe ornaments, I won from Penniwigs..


I still have a few of my grandmothers ornaments she made back in the 1960s...these little glittered pinecones......


I took a lot more photos of more decorating, but that's enough for today..its very dark, cold and rainy here....Don took his motorcycle out, and didn't realize how wet/cold it was..he came back about 45 minutes later, absolutely chilled and soaked to the bone..he's selling the bike this evening and wanted one last ride...the insurance is just getting to be too much....he's sad about it but is relieved too..he is able to sell for a small profit.....and have a lighter insurance bill....

hope you are getting all your shopping done...I've ordered everything online..so much easier.....
so parking woes..no crowds..good selections.....I've done this now for the last 4 years and have found the holidays alot more stress free and pleasant....it will be cooky time soon.I wait until a week or so before so they are fresh and good.......found several new recipes I want to try plus some old favorites.......

5 comments:

  1. Your tree is so gorgeous! Sorry he had to sell his bike! It is nice to be able to save some money too! My hubby misses his every once in a while. He has a bad back, so he wouldn't be able to ride like he used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how beautiful your tree is! Just a show-stopper!

    Online shopping is the way to go! The crowds get so MEAN...

    A yo-yo tree skirt - that's a lot of work! I have a whole lot of yo-yos made so far, but still far short of the number I need to make a throw...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, on the yo yo skirt...I made yo yo's for about a year or more..what a job! can't imagine trying to make anything larger...a throw or blanket would be a nightmare.....I admire your fortitude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tree - we aren't doing a tree anymore - just the two of us and we put out lights on the house, wreaths on all the doors and decorations all around the house. Your tree is composed of so many sweet memories - I fondly recall gathering pinecones on summer vacations so we could make those glittery painted ones for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! That is a beautiful tree! I love, love, love the little Campbell Soup girl! That tree is perfect. Family ornaments, lots of color. Love it! I think you've inspired me to decorate today. I've been putting it off. tee hee. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?