Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday...its getting cold outside...

Last night it was below freezing outside.....cold cold cold..and hasn't warmed up like it usually does during the day...hasn't gotten much above 65 which is unusual for Southern California....
we just are not used to colder weather...we all have thin blood......I heard that Houston was having a snow storm...brrr....


I am slowly getting Christmas decorating done....got the village out but it still needs some tweaking....usually takes a few days then and there to finish it........that's the china cabinet that Alan built....you know the history of it, we were given a old china cabinet from around 1920 era that had been in a fire...the back was complete toast....but we liked the design so Alan made plans and copied it.....he added the glass doors and lighting as the original didn't have those features...its golden oak..which I love...
I was also going to show you the planter we found in an abandoned house..this was in the garage under a pile of trash..fortunately, it was in a box...

Isn't it cute? and in perfect condition after a little scrubbing..the felt is off the bottom so I will add a piece to protect the counter or table..




I recently discovered a new blog (new to me anyway) and thought I'd pass it along to you..as you know, I am always looking for ways to save $$ .....this fellow is called the 99 cent Chef as he cooks only using groceries from the 99 cent store..and it is possible!...As we are having fish and chips tonight, I posted his which is up above.......there are quite a few of his videos on Youtube and his blog, is called (naturally) The 99 Cent Chef we have a 99 cent store in a neighboring town but haven't shopped there much..maybe we will in the future....our Winco sells good Tilipia fish for 1 lb. at 2.58 which I think is cheap enough...I don't know if I'd want 99 cent fish but it looks good.

Only two more days until my giveaway drawing.....two days! if you haven't signed up..please do so, ....if you are a winner, I will be contacting you so you can let me know what design tag you want.......

4 comments:

  1. I love that cabinet that your husband built. It is just so beautiful.

    W have a dollar store, but it does not sell fish or anything fresh. I would really like to be near a store that sold groceries for 99 cents!!!

    It is very cold here. We are very cold and there is still snow and ice, and the animals don't know what to make of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cabinet is wonderful Dani, and the perfect setting for your lil' villiage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dani,
    o Chine Cabinet é muito bonito. É uma relíquia, uma obra de arte. Congrats para seu esposo.
    Amiga, bom domingo e um abraço

    Sol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay- I squealed over the rooster bowl, Dani... but you knew I would, didn't you? You have to stop torturing me this way! LOL

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?