Sunday, August 30, 2009

We've been having alot of mice in the garage and a few in the house lately....I suppose its because its been so warm (over 100 most days) and Don is storing some dog food in the garage which attracts them.... Bandit are a good mouser. (Smoky is more a fly and bug hunter) and we find dead mice occasionally as little gifts........we've set out traps and caught quite a few.. we don't let the cats into the garage. Good thing I'm not squeamish about mice.
We want to get some metal storage containers to store the pet food in...the little terrorists chewed through the plastic types but metal containers are hard to find.......at least at a reasonable price.

Our house is very close to open country, behind our back wall actually...the day before yesterday, a large road runner hopped on the wall and peered over......first time I've seen one here..sorry I didn't get a photo. Handsome bird.


Nancy M. won the contest this week, so I will be contacting her. Be sure to check back this next Friday for the next one....I will try to make it a little more challenging!

3 comments:

  1. Dani, We too had a mouse problem a few years back and they were coming in eating our dog food. We boought a heavy duty plastic trash can and have never had a problem since. I never thought of the metal ones I think they would work great too! Oh happy day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would rather have a Road runner than Rattle snakes like we saw a man get out of his truck and shoot last week right in front of our house..I would love to see a picture of the road runner in your yard..I wonder what my pups would think about something like that.
    Go and check out my blog and I also have a special now in my web site for soap..That will help the flu virus if everyone washes their hands a lot.
    I'm looking forward to Wed to see the dog of the week again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dani, thanks for all the info. on my blog, hubby is out buying deadbolts and motion sensored spotlights as we speak. I'm surprised Brinks is so reasonable, I always thought it would be really expensive, maybe that is something else to consider, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?