Thursday, December 4, 2008



This is a German postcard..I really like the art work. The colors are so vibrant. The children are really having fun on their sleds. Being a Southern California native, I never did much sledding....once when we visited our grandmother in Spokane, Wa, we did sled. Grandma went out into the garage and pulled out an old sled, something like these....there was a steep road behind her house where I and my little brother tried it out.....the road was icy and we went all the way down onto the main road before we realized it....I was in front and drove the sled into the bank rather than going into traffic...then it took forever to trudge back up the hill, slipping on the ice...we both decided it wasn't worth it....
The second time was just a few years ago when we visited our Iowa family...there was deep snow and we all decided to go with the boys over by the high school as it was a great place to sled. Mom had some sleds in her garage that we used......the boys loved it and went over and over again..Matt even made a friend.....I decided to go and flew down the hill which was fun by myself and then again with Alan...but it was so cold, about 5 degrees above zero..I ended up in the car..my hands and feet nearly froze or so I thought...
************************************************************************************



I've been awarded the Bloggy Goodness Award by Kathleen of Yesteryear Embroideries
Thank you! The only rule is to name 6 other great blogs....
1. Sherri from Sherri's Needle Crafts..for her work in crocheting 100 lapghans for a senior retirement home,
her energy and goodness is astonishing...
2. Laurie, from Williams Grandma
for her lovely family and to encourage her to keep blogging!
3. Paula, from The Fraker Farm.....without her good humor and fun stories about farm life, especially chickens, it wouldn't be a good day! We've never met in person but I feel like we are good friends..
4.Roxie, from Everyday Travels
another new friend who lives in Alaska...with a new blog...
5.Marie, from A Colorful World
or as she likes to be called, The Tile Lady..her photos and tile artwork are the bomb...
and finally 6.
Linda from Living in Buhl-a-land
her sky photos, encouragement and goodness shine forth as a wonderful testimony + the free rice widget helps so many..

There you have it......phew! There is so many beautiful,inspiring and just plain good blogs...I've met so many great people...

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dani- thank you so much... and congrats to you!! I enjoy coming to visit you every day, too!
    Anf evem if we never get to meet in person, I feel like we're very good friends- even if we are many miles apart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about growing up with no snow, I am also from souther ca. and the closes thing for a snowy christmas was when my family would go to Santa's Village.Now I live in the Northeast and have it all winter long.

    Have a Blessed Day
    Mary
    ps congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in So. California, too. But I remember going with my family to Big Bear and do a little sledding. Then again when I had my own family. It's fun, but it IS too much work. Now I'm in San Antonio, TX...Still no snow for me.
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Dani! I appreciate you mentioning me on your blog! I'm glad you enjoy my blogs!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?