Saturday, December 20, 2008

I've just about run out of "new" postcards so found these on flickr....I personally really enjoy these vintage Victorian real life postcards..the person who posted them says she found an entire collection in a old trunk and has lovingly restored them,,,she says to use them in any art or creation you would like, just don't sell them on a CD....
here is another one...
If you'd like to see more of her collection, her name on Flickr is Lisa Kettel and here is her photostream ...she's a very talented altered art artist and has tons and tons of things to enjoy....her photos, altered art, and postcards.....
I am really intriqued by altered art and marvel at the imagination of the artists.....tempted to try some just for fun. I don't think I could ever be as good but its fun to spread your wings and try new things... I am especially drawn to altered books...have a few very old ones that my grandma gave me but don't want to use them....I think after the holidays, I might moisy over to the local thrift shop and see what I can find...they sell their books for just a few cents so wouldn't be losing much if I mess up (which is likely).
Trying to finish up everything this weekend before the big day....debating what to serve for Christmas and also have one present yet to get....I was able to get most all of the ingredients for some sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, fudge and divinity...so after today, I will be in the kitchen for while.....Matt wants to help so that will be fun.
We are still not doing as well financially as we would wish but have our heads above the water and are treading like crazy...much better than last year...starting a new business is expensive and we have to dig out of the hole which will take time. We have so much to be thankful for.

4 comments:

  1. Amen - and your baking and candy making sounds like such fun! I've been making variations on butter and oatmeal cookies - need to hold off and do one more baking day for gifts then be done with it! Cold front moving in here so we worked outside all morning. DH and his trusty chain saw taking down and cutting up dead wood trees. Then I was the fetcher, stacker and gate opener. Pooped this afternoon but ready for a blue norther! Merry Merry Dani -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, I want those redwork towels you have listed on your Esty site:) Can you hold them for till after CHRISTmas? If you cant I understand business is business:) ANy ways I love your work. My kitchen is done in Red and black So I think they would go great, your friend, sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani,
    I adore the photos you share , the vintage AND Around your home and city. What beautiful views~ and your dining room is awesome. We always wanted a grandfather clock, settled on a wall chime clock for our anniversary this year.

    I am also so glad you areon flicker and have found Lisa Kettel, She is fabulous and I have been in the Fairy Zine group there a couple of years. Come join, I will invite you. You should also see her blog. The link is on my Altered Art Blog, as frstyfrolk. (see my sidebar)
    Smiles, cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Cyndi, I ran across her postcards and found them so interesting....love her blog too...

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?