Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After Christmas

We had a wonderful day...God really blessed us in a special way.....the boys went over to the dog rescue the night before..our youngest wanted to sleep in the trailer and help Don in the morning with the dogs so he could could back sooner......so we had the evening to ourselves and watched old Christmas movies....Home Alone, and the Santa Clause....was really fun having some time by ourselves, although that is becoming more and more common as the boys grow up...
the next morning we slept in a little, and woke up to rain....
had a light breakfast, and I was in the kitchen preparing dinner (we eat at noon on Christmas) when Alan called me into the living room to look at the front window...while the beautiful hymn "Joy to the World" was playing, this is what we saw..
I grabbed the camera and we ran outside to see this lovely rainbow...



The rainbow stretched from horizon to horizon and was there for quite some time...I started to cry a little as the Lord impressed me that we were going to be alright and He was in control....
the boys came home a short time later but missed the rainbow......
The dinner was good but we all agreed the deli dinner wasn't as good as making it at home....
Most of Christmas day was spent listening to Christmas music and enjoying each others company...then in the evening, we watched "Mummy Three, Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" which was very good.
Today, we've been so busy...had not one, not two but 4 job calls! very busy indeed......I took down all the Santa decorations but will leave everything else up until after New Years....
the nativity stays up until the 6th as that is the day tradition says the wise men came...its also Alan's birthday!
My friend Kay sent me this link Star of Bethlehem that you might like to visit.Was the Star of Bethlehem a real astronomical event? A myth created by the early church? Explore the history and science for yourself. Yes, it was a real star that not only proclaimed the Lord's birth but also proclaimed His Death on the cross....This is a site worth visiting...


A note....Alan got a job in New Port Beach, Ca and we decided to go tomorrow morning as its late in the afternoon now...another road trip! I will take my camera and see if I can get some photos of the beach areas for you.....

2 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow! I do feel sometimes God reassures with events in nature - for me one year it was a shooting star at the precise moment I'd asked Him for reassurance. Glad your holiday was a good one - we like the Mummy movie also! I've always like the stories of ShangriLa. Merry Day after Christmas Dani - thanks for sharing your rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED the rainbow, Dani! I'm always in awe when I see one. I checked out the link to the Star of Bethlehem! Now you have me wanting to see the whole movie!!!! Might just have to get this one! Thanks for the link!

    Cora

    ReplyDelete

What are you thinking?